Well, guys, the day is here! Thursday! Here already and I’m totally 100% prepared! Just kidding. Am I ever fully 100% prepared?? No.
I got the idea for today’s post by watching Alyse Brautigam’s newest YouTube video: WHY I DON’T WEAR A BRA, which I’ll add at the end of this post. In the beginning of her video, she talks about how she often does things to challenge herself in her every day life, whether it’s making a complete lifestyle change, or just doing a short-term change. Now, I’m not particularly small-chested, so I’m not going to forgo a bra (though right on! More power to everyone who wants to go braless. Bras absolutely suck and I would go braless if I was smaller chested), but I AM going to do something to challenge myself.
Now, you might find this hard to believe, but I don’t really wear a lot of makeup. I’m lazy and I really don’t like waking up in the morning, so I usually just completely go without most days. This week, for the next seven days, I am challenging myself to wear makeup every day. But I figured that I should make some rules for myself, since I know myself and I know that if there were no rules, I would just slap on some BB cream and a light coat of mascara and call it a day. So I am putting forth the following rules:
- I have to do a FULL FACE of makeup every day. This includes:
- Primer (face, eyeshadow, and lash)
- Setting powder
- Some kind of lip stuff
- I have to wear this makeup for AT LEAST 10 hours a day.
- I have to change up the look a little bit every day (different eyeliner style, different eyeshadows, etc.)
- I have to take a picture of my makeup every day and post it on my snapchat (@wanderwisp) and I will compile these pictures for my post next Thursday.
- In my next post, I have to list all of the products that I used, and my general review of the week.
So that’s the plan- to challenge myself out of my laziness! In the summer especially, when I really only have to go to work and home, it’s really easy to be lazy, and that’s something I want to combat, and I’m definitely hoping that this will help!
And now, for the video that inspired it all- give this video a watch! I’ll see you next Thursday, my friends!